Friday, June 6, 2008

Hillary talks unity



A letter from Hillary to her supporters:

I wanted you to be one of the first to know: on Saturday, I will hold
an event in Washington D.C. to thank everyone who has supported my
campaign. Over the course of the last 16 months, I have been privileged
and touched to witness the incredible dedication and sacrifice of so many people working for our campaign.

Every minute you put into helping us win, every dollar you gave to
keep up the fight meant more to me than I can ever possibly tell you.

On Saturday, I will extend my congratulations to Senator Obama and my
support for his candidacy. This has been a long and hard-fought
campaign, but as I have always said, my differences with Senator Obama
are small compared to the differences we have with Senator McCain and
the Republicans.

I have said throughout the campaign that I would strongly support
Senator Obama if he were the Democratic Party's nominee, and I intend
to deliver on that promise.

When I decided to run for president, I knew exactly why I was getting
into this race: to work hard every day for the millions of Americans
who need a voice in the White House.

I made you -- and everyone who supported me -- a promise: to stand up
for our shared values and to never back down. I'm going to keep that
promise today, tomorrow, and for the rest of my life.

I will be speaking on Saturday about how together we can rally the
party behind Senator Obama. The stakes are too high and the task before
us too important to do otherwise.

I know as I continue my lifelong work for a stronger America and a
better world, I will turn to you for the support, the strength, and the
commitment that you have shown me in the past 16 months. And I will
always keep faith with the issues and causes that are important to you.


In the past few days, you have shown that support once again with
hundreds of thousands of messages to the campaign, and again, I am
touched by your thoughtfulness and kindness.

I can never possibly express my gratitude, so let me say simply, thank
you.

Sincerely,
Hillary


Digg Technorati del.icio.us Stumbleupon Reddit Yahoo

0 comments: