Wednesday, August 27, 2008

Young Clinton delegate: Hillary won wavering Dems to Obama

I found a great piece on the California Progress Report blog by Don Gibson, a student at the University of California at Davis, president of College Democrats and a Democratic Convention delegate pledged to Hillary Clinton. It's titled "Young Calif. Democratic Convention delegate: Hillary won wavering Dems."

Here are a few excerpts:

"Hillary Clinton proved why she inspired millions of Americans. The grand speech she gave reaffirmed the support that she garnered from her years of public service. Before she started speaking, she had 2 minutes of a standing ovation to her. Her speech would not have brought in every PUMA (Party Unity My Ass) supporter but it effectually convinced all of the iffy supporters to vote and campaign for Obama. …

"My friend and die hard Clinton supporter John Vigna said 'So tonight, Hillary elected Barack Obama.' He is right. I do not have any more significant qualms about voting for Senator Obama.
I hope all of the PUMA’s sleep in and do not cause a ruckus at the roll call vote which many of us are not sure how it will work. I was elected to vote for Hillary and that is what I plan on doing. I do not see anything that will change my vote as of now. Hillary had her light in the sun and the American people listened. Obama may have just won the election because of this remarkable woman.

" … Monday’s speeches were all about getting to know who Obama is. It is working and I have been learning so much about this man."

Read the rest here.

- Marilyn Bechtel


Digg Technorati del.icio.us Stumbleupon Reddit Yahoo
blog comments powered by Disqus